Sat, Oct 14|
So Hum So Well
Dr. Michelle Sexton, ND Naturopathic Doctor Book Release and Meet & Greet
An afternoon with the wonderful Dr. Michelle Sexton, a Naturopathic Doctor from San Diego who has written the book “ Eat, Sleep, Relax, Forget, Protect” An Endocannabinoid (ECS) Guide to Systems Wholeness for Women, and is about to launch. Meet, greet, and learn.
Time & Location
Oct 14, 2023, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM CDT
So Hum So Well, 1205 Blackjack St, Lockhart, TX 78644, USA
About the event
Come meet Dr.Michelle Sexton, get a copy of her book and talk ALL things women’s health. Dr. Sexton has been serving women, first as a midwife, since 1993. Having navigated the range of womens' experiences herself, and having treating many women, she is uniquely poised to address health across the lifespan for women. The endocannabinoid system functions in reproductive tissues plays roles in hormonal balance as well as mental health. Natural approaches for specific women's needs are central to Dr. Sexton's care.
About the book:
This book is a gateway to botanical and natural medicines that can help bring your systems biology back online, a first step of your journey from surviving to thriving in the modern world! Don’t allow yourself to be debilitated by stress. As women, we are highly susceptible to the effects of stress on our overall wellbeing.You can learn to adapt in healthy ways and develop resilience to set the stage for thriving!
Change is Stress. Stress requires the need to be resilient, to adapt! To survive, our biology needs continual adjustment. Stress-based adaptations are intended to be temporary and then return to set points. Our bodies have an exquisite and relatively unknown homeostatic system, the endocannabinoid system (ECS) to provide that we: Eat, Sleep, Relax, Protect and Forget. In today’s stressful world we can use all the help we can get for restoring our set points, mentally, emotionally and physically.
There is help at hand! In Eat, Sleep, Relax, Protect, Forget, Naturopathic Doctor, researcher, midwife, herbalist and women’s health specialist of 30 years, Dr. Michelle Sexton helps you untangle the roots of ‘dis-ease’. These roots often begin with childhood stress or trauma or that which affected your ancestors for generations prior to your birth. Using a toolkit of holistic and integrative practices you can go beyond simply surviving to thriving! The endocannabinoid system (ECS) will be your guide to healing the body/mind, treating the cause and addressing the whole person for optimal health across the lifespan.
Inside Eat, Sleep, Relax, Protect, Forget you will find:
- Endocannabinoid system 101:Understand this homeostatic system and its many roles in ensuring survival.
- Health Issues specific to women: How to tone the ECS for thriving, not just surviving
- Integrative medicine approaches: Develop a well-rounded botanical, nutritional, supplement-based toolkit for enhancing your health, preventing illness and promoting healthy aging.
- Body-Mind fluency: Increase your sense of interoception: the ability to interpret warning signals from inside your body that you can be disconnected from due to past or present trauma.
- Homeostasis: Learn the tools at your disposal to evaluate your homeostasis, stress resilience and body/mind connection
Check out Dr. Sexton's website here:
THIS EVENT IS FREE. Please RSVP!